Monday, August 06, 2007

just when I thought Hunter was getting better....

BAM!

He's pretty much spent every weekend since we lived here at my parents house. My mom expects the call on Friday already. From Hunter, not me. Both of the boys usually spend 1, if not both weekend nights there. This weekend was no different. And this is the reason Kreg and I LOVE being back in La Grange.

So Friday night Kenny and Marsais dragged Kreg and I to the Schulenburg Festival. It was nice because we were able to visit with some friends who recently had a baby girl and we hadn't seen in quite some time. We would have liked to enjoy the music but it was SO DAMN loud. We could barely hear each other talk. But I will say that I'm awfully proud of my brother's friends. After taking care of them throughout High School, they repaid the favor this weekend.

Jayden came home Saturday but Hunter was off to Nana and Popo's again. And he called on Sunday to see if it was okay if he stayed over AGAIN.

Then my mom called about 9:30 last night to let me know Hunter was running 101 degree fever.

So, I took him to the doctor this morning. (There went our trip to Fiesta Texas!) And he basically has the onset of pneumonia. Thankfully it's just in his right lung and the crackling seems to disappear when he coughs. But now we are on neb treatments every 4-6 hours and an antibiotic. And if he doesn't sound any better tomorrow, we are going to be back on another round of steroids. I already went ahead and asked for his daily asthma meds again. With Kindergarten right around the corner, I've got to get him well and his immune system built back up. Instead of waiting for his fall allergies to kick in, we are going to beat them to the punch with meds.

And Hunter's quote of the day:

"Mom, are we going to move back to Austin anytime soon? This HEB is horrible. They don't have a drive-up Pharmacy. Do you think if we called them, they would come to the car? I'm going to tell them to build a drive-through already. This is ridiculous."

1 comments:

Amy York said...

Poor baby! I'm so sorry -- tell him we love him! I love the swing -- can you come hang one at my house this week??