Wednesday, February 28, 2007

hanging by a thread.

Just when I though dental work could get no worse, BAM, I'm hit with the worst of all. A biopsy.

I already knew it was going to be bad and I tried all morning to calm my anxiety. And I was doing great..............until the first needle hit. Holy Mother of God. My hands dug into the chair, my legs curled to my chest, I started shaking and yes, I was crying. I was shaking so bad, the doctor started shaking. Imagine........needles going into the roof of your mouth. The back part....near your throat. I had a total of 4 shots into my soft pallet. When you are numb like that, you always feel swollen. So I felt like my throat was swollen shut and I had the doctor's hand in my mouth attempting to cut out the bump, which he did successfully, and I now have 3 stitches.

I thought the worst was over but then the numbing meds wore off. . . . . before I could get my pain meds. WOW! Talk about uncomfortable pain. I was in tears again.

I now have some relief but it's pretty bad. I can't eat. Drinking feel weird. Yawning stretches my mouth open which brings tears to my eyes. Even talking is uncomfortable.

I get the results from the biopsy by the end of the week and go back next week to have the stitches out.

0 comments: