Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Only in Texas.

Tell me any other place where on Monday night you'd have your air conditioner on because it's 81 degrees with about 400% humidity and Wednesday morning you wake up to snow. Yes, SNOW this morning. I do have the pictures to prove it.

Yesterday I was running errands in gym shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops. Today I have on long johns, my heaviest winter coat, along with all the winter accessories, gloves, scarf, hat.

And I have to wonder why my kids have this lovely, hacky cough.

We are all decorated for Christmas, yet the kids don't seem to be in the Christmas mood.

I use my best mom threatening voice that Santa is watching when the fighting ensues, but they just look at me like I'm a nut. But when I really think about it, I'm telling my four and six-year-olds that a fat man breaks into the house with this big key we leave for him. Any other day I have to check to make sure all doors and windows are locked, 5 times and I yell to never, ever answer the door. We're asking them to believe that deer can fly. Yet, that it's okay to hunt them down and kill them.

I spend day after day preaching the importance of telling the truth yet I'm feeding them one of the biggest lies ever. Why do I feel like a nut? I guess maybe I'd feel different if my kid's eyes lit up with joy when they saw the jolly old man, but this year, they just aren't.

Maybe the gig is up for me.

0 comments: