Wednesday, January 14, 2009

sometimes I wonder why I read the news.

Here are 2 top stories that really blew my mind:

Man accused of selling child for beer
GREENFIELD, Calif. (AP) - Police have arrested a Greenfield man for allegedly arranging to sell his 14-year-old daughter into marriage in exchange for $16,000, 100 cases of beer and several cases of meat.

Virginity auction hits$3.7 million
SAN DIEGO - Natalie Dylan, probably not her real name, is like many young women who are trying to find a way to pay off college. Dylan though is not like many young women in that she is trying to wipe out her college debt (and more) by auctioning off her virginity.

okay. back to work now.

2 comments:

shalonda said...

what in the world...{sigh} some people....

Anonymous said...

I can't do news anymore either- it is all half truths and depressing.

On the other hand- I love the David Cook song playing on your blog....
deb