Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Conversation with my 6 1/2 year old.

Hunter pops into the car yesterday after school & immediatly asks

H: Mom, can I have a cell phone?

Me: EXCUSE ME?

H: I want a cell phone.

Me: And just who are you going to call Hunter.

H: M (a little girl in his class) because she has a cell phone.

Me: WHAT?!?!?!?!???

H: She has a cell phone and I want to call her.

Me: Use our home phone or my cell phone.

H: But I want a cell phone like her.

Me: HUNTER MICHAEL PEARSON YOU WILL NOT HAVE A CELL PHONE UNTIL YOU ARE 10! 10 sounded like a good number and it was the 1st one to pop into my head. Even that sounds too young.

H: Mom, your such a bore. By the way, M gave everyone her cell number to call her.

Me: Hunter, stay young as long as you can. 7 year olds don't need cell phones.

1 comments:

keriskids said...

As the mother of a 10 year old my answer is When you get a job so you can pay for it I will get you a cell phone!! He even went as far as asking Santa for one this year!! I don't think so!!